ABOUT RMC, QUETTA
The Regional Meteorological Center, Brewery Road, Quetta was established in 1951. Previously it was named as Geophysical Centre (GC), Quetta. The basic objective of GC, Quetta was to record seismic and Geomagnetic activities in the Balochistan region, as the north-western part of Balochistan region lies at high seismic active zone.
Gradually, the role of the office was extended, and it received the status of Regional Meteorological Center. RMC Quetta in 2016. Now, the centre controls various observatories all around the province and provides services related to Weather, Weather Forecast, Climate, Seismic activities, Ozone Layer etc.
SERVICES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Regional Meteorological Center, Quetta
01. Seismic activity monitoring, evaluation & reporting
02. Co-ordination with the Observatories under RMC, Quetta, gathering data and forwarding it to the
03. Obtaining data related to Ozone layer, on daily basis.
04. Providing daily Weather Report to the media and other concerned agencies.
05. Climate data processing
06. Moon Sighting
07. Provision of Meteorological data for court cases, insurance claim, inquiry reports etc.
Copyright © 2015 Pakistan Meteorological Department, Developed By Azhar Ali