ABOUT RMC, QUETTA
The Regional Meteorological Center, Quetta was established in 1951. The initial objective of RMC, Quetta was to record seismic activities in the Balochistan region, as the north-western part of Balochistan region lies at high seismic activity zone.
Gradually, the role of the office was extended, and it received the status of Regional Meteorological Center. RMC Quetta, controls various observatories all around the province and provides services related to Weather, Weather Forecast, Climate, Seismic activities, Ozone Layer etc.
SERVICES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Regional Meteorological Center, Quetta
01. Seismic activity monitoring, evaluation & reporting
02. Co-ordination with the Observatories under RMC, Quetta, gathering data and forwarding it to the
03. Obtaining data related to Ozone layer, on daily basis.
04. Providing daily Weather Report to the media and other concerned agencies.
05. Climate data processing
06. Moon Sighting
07. Provision of Meteorological data for court cases, insurance claim, inquiry reports etc.
Copyright © 2015 Pakistan Meteorological Department, Developed By Azhar Ali